*** BOOK NOW FOR JANUARY 2020 ***
NOTE: If you email me, please be aware that I am not online 24/7: I usually check email once/twice daily...
As a result of some planned travel, I cannot accept any new arrivals between 15 and 19 November or between 7 and 20 December. But if you have already arrived and are staying with me before any of those dates, there is no problem. I will update this section if my travel plans change.
Please check immediately below for specific room-by-room availability details. You can click for pictures of each of my three rooms...
Many questions about staying at my house are answered in my offer document which applies to all new bookings made from September 2019. I recommend that you check through everything carefully
even if you have stayed with me in the past.
- Usually one week is my minimum booking. But, if you have stayed with me already - while you prepared for a PLAB exam - I may offer a room for a shorter return stay of 3-6 days.
- If you have not stayed with me before and require a shorter stay, please try AirBnb or Spareroom.com. Or just Google.
- Effective 1 Jan 2020: for short stays of 6-13 nights I plan to apply the same rate whichever room is offered.
- SORRY: I am not on WhatsApp.
WHAT I OFFER AT LODGINGS PLUS...
(IMPORTANT: I cannot offer rooms to females or to families. Please scroll down for alternative providers/links).
After living and working in and around Manchester since the late 1980s, I now
offer a maximum of three bedrooms in my home to overseas male
doctors attending the local PLAB
Each of my bedrooms is strictly for single occupancy and is usually provided on a self-catering basis. However, as part of the package, during the week of arrival I usually provide some breakfast foods, snacks, beverages etc.
[From time to time I may also offer my rooms to overseas adult male students visiting the UK to attend a formal, full-time English language course].
Whether you are a doctor or a language student, in all cases my intention is to provide a friendly and pleasant learning and resting environment at a reasonable price. But it is important to note that I don't have the flexibility of a hotel - or even a larger lodging house - so I give priority to those who make a firm commitment to taking a room with me by confirming early by making a deposit.
Specific information & links to pictures and my detailed lodgings offer document:
- I do not offer internet/Wi-Fi but most of my guests tell me that they have managed very well with a "3" data-package SIM. Most popular is their unlimited "add-on" at £35/month.
- If you are a doctor, in your email please tell me:
- your expected arrival date/time in the UK (or at the Academy if you're already in the UK);
- when your PLAB exam is scheduled and
- your expected departure date/time.
- My standard self-catering rate is around £140/week; £600/month but I may discount to doctors for longer stays. A deposit will secure your room.
- More information regarding pricing, possible discounts etc can be found in my lodgings
- Photos of my two main bedrooms are here: attic room & first floor room.
- When it is available, my downstairs room is usually about 10% cheaper than my standard rates. Please click here for photos of this room.
- You can check out some Google reviews here.
- For further details of my offer to PLAB doctors please try this
- OR you can email me via the "get quote" (sometimes displays as "contact us") link higher up the page to check details not already explained elsewhere. I usually check emails once/twice daily - but see above for notice of any expected "down-time".
- Please DO remember that the UK is not as hot as some countries and that very few regular households will offer 24/7 heating. So, even in the summer, you really should bring some warm clothes and be ready to acclimatise.
- Details of female-only PLAB doctor accommodation may be available from this Facebook page.
(Please note that, so I can be certain about room availability and plan for the next visitor, I ask all guests to be precise regarding their starting and leaving dates - and to let me know promptly of any likely changes to these dates).