I now have only very limited availability between June and September 2019... please see below for room by room details...
- my groundfloor room is now NOT likely to be available for more than a few days until late Sept 2019;
- my first floor room only becomes available again AFTER late Aug 2019;
- my attic room is available only from 29 July 2019 for three weeks, and then is available again from the end of September 2019.
If you email me, please be aware that I am not online 24/7: I usually only check email once daily.
Many questions regarding my offering are answered on the document at this link
which I ask all potential guests to read.
What I offer at Lodgings Plus...
After living and working in and around Manchester since the late 1980s, I now
offer rooms in my home to overseas male
doctors attending the local PLAB
My rooms are strictly for single occupancy and are usually provided on a self-catering basis. However, as part of the package, I may include some breakfast foods, beverages etc.
(I cannot offer rooms to females or to families. Please scroll down for alternative providers/links).
From time to time I may also offer my rooms to overseas adult male students visiting the UK to attend a formal, full-time English language course.
Whether you are a doctor or a language student, in all cases my intention is to provide a friendly and pleasant learning and resting environment at a reasonable price.
Specific information & links to pictures and my detailed lodgings offer document:
- I do not offer internet/Wi-Fi but most of my guests tell me that they have managed very well with a "3" data-package SIM. Most popular is their unlimited "add-on" at £35/month.
- if you are a doctor, in your email please tell me your expected arrival date in the UK (or at the Academy if you're already in the UK) and when your PLAB2 exam is scheduled.
- my standard self-catering rate is £140/week; £600/month but I may discount to doctors for longer stays. A deposit will secure your room and any applicable discount.
- photos of my two main bedrooms are here: attic room & first floor room.
- when it is available, my downstairs room is usually around 25% cheaper than my full standard rate. Please click here for photos of this room.
- you can check out some Google reviews here.
- One week is usually my minimum booking. But if you have stayed with me already while you took a PLAB exam I may offer a room for a shorter return stay of 3-6 days. If you have not stayed with me before and require a shorter stay, please try AirBnb or Spareroom.com. Or just Google.
- for further details of my offer to PLAB doctors please try this link OR you can email me via the
"get quote"(sometimes displays as "contact us" ) link higher up the page. I usually check emails once daily - but see above for any expected "down-time".
- please DO remember that the UK is not as hot as some countries and that very few regular households will offer 24/7 heating. So, even in the summer, you really should bring some warm clothes.
- Details of female-only PLAB doctor accommodation may be available from this Facebook page.
(Please note that, so I can be certain about room availability and plan for the next visitor, I ask all guests to be accurate regarding their starting and leaving dates and to let me know promptly of any likely changes to these dates).