◄░▒▓ I AM OFFERING ROOMS SUBJECT TO ANY APPLICABLE TRAVEL/QUARANTINE RESTRICTIONS ▓▒░►
🄸🄼🄿🄾🅁🅃🄰🄽🅃 I cannot offer rooms to females or to couples/families.
However, my neighbour may
have accommodation for female doctors. Please try directly via her site
- or scroll down for additional ideas.
First, please check immediately below for specific room-by-room availability details. You can click for pictures of each of my rooms...
If you are a doctor, in your email or WhatsApp message please tell me:-
- your expected arrival date/time in the UK (or at the Academy if you're already in the UK);
- when your PLAB exam is scheduled, and
- your expected departure date/time.
- that you have reviewed and fully understand any currently applicable UK Government quarantine requirements &/or travel restrictions that are in place for those visiting from or returning from overseas.
Many questions about staying at my house are answered in my offer document,
which I update and revise periodically: I recommend that you check through everything in it carefully even if you have stayed with me in the past.
- As a "welcome back" offer to anyone who has stayed with me for a week or more during 2019 or 2020, for bookings taken before 16 January 2021, I can offer you my monthly rate for any return stays of a week or more. Please study my offer document for exact details of my rates.
- Usually one week is my minimum booking. But, if you have stayed with me already - while you prepared for a PLAB exam - I may offer a room for a shorter return stay of 3-6 nights. My current daily rate will apply.
- for short stays of 7-13 nights, my nightly rates are similar for all rooms.
- If you have not stayed with me before and need a shorter stay of less than one week, please try AirBnb or similar sites. Or just Google.
📧 During the current period of uncertainty I ask that you DO carefully check all of the information on my page & its links to decide if my offer suits you. After that, please feel free to use the "get quote/contact us" messaging option at the top of the page.
Just now I may not be able quickly to answer additional questions but, if you need to make a booking, currently it may be more convenient for you to send a WhatsApp message
WHAT I OFFER AT LODGINGS PLUS...
🄸🄼🄿🄾🅁🅃🄰🄽🅃: I cannot offer rooms to females or to families.
However, my neighbour may
be able to help if you try via her site
or scroll back up for additional ideas ⛔
After living and working in and around Manchester since the late 1980s, I now
offer a maximum of three bedrooms in my home to overseas male
doctors attending the local PLAB
Each of my bedrooms is strictly for single occupancy and is usually provided on a self-catering basis. However, as part of the package, during the week of arrival I usually provide some breakfast foods, snacks, beverages etc.
[From time to time I may offer rooms to overseas adult male students visiting the UK to attend a formal, full-time English language course].
Whether you are a doctor or
a language student, in all cases my intention is to provide a friendly and pleasant learning and resting environment at a reasonable price.
But it is important to note that I don't have the flexibility of a hotel - or even a larger lodging house - so I give priority to those who make a firm commitment to taking a room with me by confirming early through making a deposit
Specific information & links to pictures and my detailed lodgings offer document:
📶 I do not offer internet/Wi-Fi.
My current recommendation is for a 30-day Unlimited SIM plan from Vodafone
There are other phone companies that use the Vodafone network and offer calls & data plans e.g. Lebara
You may also wish to seek advice from friends/colleagues who have recently stayed in Levenshulme.
- 💷💷 A non-refundable deposit will usually secure your room.
- If available to you, transfers from UK banks are cheapest but, if a transfer from a bank in your country of residence is unduly costly, there may be alternative options...
- 🧾 My standard self-catering rate is around £21/night; £140/week; £600/month but I may discount to doctors booking in advance and staying longer than 13 nights, with a further discount for pre-paid stays of one month or more.
- More information regarding pricing, possible discounts etc can be found in my lodgings offer document for 2020.
- Photos of my two main bedrooms are here: attic room & first floor room.
- When it is available, my downstairs room may be a little cheaper than my standard rates. Please click here for photos of this room.
- You can check out some Google reviews here.
- To ask about any details not already explained elsewhere, you can email me here, OR via the "get quote"/"contact us" link higher up the page. I usually check emails once/twice daily.
- Please DO remember that the UK is not as hot as many countries and that very few regular households will offer 24/7 heating. So, even in the summer, you really should bring some warm clothes - and be ready to acclimatise...
- Details of female-only PLAB doctor accommodation may be available from this Facebook page.
📅 To help me in the efficient planning of room-bookings, I respectfully ask that all guests tell me propmptly if their arrival &/or departure plans change... 📅