ROOMS AVAILABLE FROM OCTOBER
NOTE: If you email me, please be aware that I am not online 24/7: I usually only check email once each day].
I am now taking bookings for October onwards. Please check immediately below for specific room-by-room availability details. You can click for pictures of each of my three rooms...
Many questions regarding my lodging offering are answered on the document at this
which I ask all potential guests to read through.
(I have recently updated some of the details of my offer but will keep to the original offer for anyone who was given it before 17 September in an email and who makes a booking for any time between 17 September to 30 November 2019).
Please note that one week is usually my minimum booking. But, if you have stayed with me already while you prepared for a PLAB exam, I may offer a room for a shorter return stay of 3-6 days.
If you have not
stayed with me before and require a shorter stay, please try AirBnb
or Spareroom.com. Or just Google
What I offer at Lodgings Plus...
After living and working in and around Manchester since the late 1980s, I now
offer a maximum of three bedrooms in my home to overseas male
doctors attending the local PLAB
Each of my bedrooms is strictly for single occupancy and is usually provided on a self-catering basis. However, as part of the package, during the week of arrival I usually provide some breakfast foods, snacks, beverages etc.
(IMPORTANT: I cannot offer rooms to females or to families. Please scroll down for alternative providers/links).
From time to time I may also offer my rooms to overseas adult male students visiting the UK to attend a formal, full-time English language course.
Whether you are a doctor or a language student, in all cases my intention is to provide a friendly and pleasant learning and resting environment at a reasonable price. But it is important to note that I don't have the flexibility of a hotel - or even a larger lodging house - so I give priority to those who make a firm commitment to taking a room with me.
Specific information & links to pictures and my detailed lodgings offer document:
- I do not offer internet/Wi-Fi but most of my guests tell me that they have managed very well with a "3" data-package SIM. Most popular is their unlimited "add-on" at £35/month.
- if you are a doctor, in your email please tell me your expected arrival date in the UK (or at the Academy if you're already in the UK) and when your PLAB exam is scheduled.
- my standard self-catering rate is around £140/week; £600/month but I may discount to doctors for longer stays. A deposit will secure your room and any applicable discount. More information regarding pricing, possible discounts etc can be found on my lodgings
- photos of my two main bedrooms are here: attic room & first floor room.
- when it is available, my downstairs room is usually about 10% cheaper than my standard rates. Please click here for photos of this room.
- you can check out some Google reviews here.
- for further details of my offer to PLAB doctors please try this
link OR you can email me via the
"get quote"(sometimes displays as "contact us" ) link higher up the page to check details not already explained elsewhere. I usually check emails once daily - but see above for any expected "down-time".
- please DO remember that the UK is not as hot as some countries and that very few regular households will offer 24/7 heating. So, even in the summer, you really should bring some warm clothes and be ready to acclimatise.
- Details of female-only PLAB doctor accommodation may be available from this Facebook page.
(Please note that, so I can be certain about room availability and plan for the next visitor, I ask all guests to be accurate regarding their starting and leaving dates and to let me know promptly of any likely changes to these dates).